California Proposition 64
- Legalizes marijuana under state law, for use by adults 21 or older.
- Designates state agencies to license and regulate marijuana industry.
- Imposes state excise tax of 15% on retail sales of marijuana, and state cultivation taxes on marijuana of $9.25 per ounce of flowers and $2.75 per ounce of leaves.
- Exempts medical marijuana from some taxation.
- Establishes packaging, labeling, advertising, and marketing standards and restrictions for marijuana products.
- Prohibits marketing and advertising marijuana directly to minors.
- Allows local regulation and taxation of marijuana.
- Authorizes resentencing and destruction of records for prior marijuana convictions.